Wednesday, September 22, 2010

For Camille. January 21st, 2008.

Monday, January 21st, 2008

Dearest Camille,

Before you crumple this letter and dump it in the bin, please read what I cannot say in person:
I realize now that I have wronged you something horrible. I might have not been the best mother, but I think you should know I still love you dearly. Although I haven't been around too often and it's been awhile since I have last seen you, I wish to know that all is well.
It took me some time to find where you lived, and please forgive me for doing so, for the mother that I am, I would like to know how my loving daughter's life has been since we last spoke. 
Last I heard you had entered the university of your dreams pursuing the career of your dreams. It was medical school if I'm not incorrect, right?  But that was 8 years ago, so I imagine you must be doing fairly well considering your current address.
I must wonder, are you still dating Michael? Have you married? Am I by any chance a grandmother yet?
I sense the letter has gotten quite long, so I will stop writing and wait eagerly for your response.

With much love,
Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment